Dr. Barry Chase is affectionately known to many of his patients, associates and colleagues as “Doc.”
Dr. Barry Chase is a recognized authority in the field of dental sleep care. Doctor Chase’s highly successful dental practice was based on an absolute commitment to his patient, clinical excellence and an expansive vision of dentistry’s ultimate contribution to human health.
In so many important ways Doc was predisposed to assume a leadership role in the field of dental sleep care. Doctor Chase has always been a progressive force in the practice dentistry. He has throughout his career looked to clinical innovations in dentistry to deliver greater levels of patient health.
Dr. Barry Chase is a recognized authority in the field of dental sleep care.
Doctor Chase has recently cited his work in dental sleep medicine as the most significant work of his career. He was recently quoted as saying “in dental sleep care we make great dreams possible”.
- Educational Background
- Graduate of Georgetown University Dental School, 1976
- Graduate studies-Howard University Dental School
- Sloane Kettering Memorial Hospital on Head and Neck Cancer and Oral Appliance therapy for post-surgical cancer patients 1974-1976
- Clinical Certifications
- Diplomate: American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Board Certified Oral Appliance Therapy provider
- Diplomate: Academy of Clinical Sleep Disorders Disciplines; Board Certified Clinician for Sleep Disorder Therapies
- Adjunct Professor Dental Sleep Medicine; Stony Brook Univ. Health and Science Div. for the Respiratory Care and Polysomnography programs
- Professional Memberships
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Cranio-Facial Pain
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Association
- Suffolk County Dental Association
- National Sleep Foundation
- New York State Sleep Society
- New England Sleep Society
- Board Memberships & Participation
- Advisory Board CoARC accredited Respiratory Care and Polysomnography Specialty Option at Stony Brook Univ.
- Advisory Board for the CoASPG accredited Polysomographic Technology Program at Stony Brook Univ.
- Scientific Advisory Board SleepUp Corp, Tel Aviv, Israel; an innovative company developing the next generation of Oral Appliances for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Educational Affiliations
- Clinical Associate Professor Dental Sleep Medicine; Stony Brook Univ. Health and Science Div. for the Respiratory Care and Polysomnography programs
- Clinical Affiliations
- Provider for St. Joseph’s Hospital Dental Sleep Medicine Department, Bethpage, New York
- Founded and designed an in–house oral appliance therapy program for hospital out-patients
Doctor Chase is not just the founder of Chase Dental SleepCare but an active, day to day leader in the practice insuring the continuity and consistency and quality of the life changing care his practice and his professional sense of mission passion provides.